Wednesday, October 8th, some son of a bitch ran over Smokey and killed him. It was morning, Chris was letting everyone out to pee and came around the side of the house just in time to see the car brake, heard the dog yelp and watch the car drive away.
Smokey was a good dog, very sweet. The best little dog as far as little dogs go. He is missed. You know, I look around for him and he's not there. I even called him the other night...
So on the same day, later that afternoon, on our way back from town, we arrived to find Smiles, our lovely little kitty smashed in front of the house. She was still warm, so we knew it had just happened. I saw her aunt Star yesterday and went to pick her up and called her Smiles.
It's been rough. I know people think, 'hey, you've got a thousand animals, you probably don't even notice they're gone.' WRONG. Each of our animals are so unique in their own way, that we do notice, and are sad, and mad - if you can't tell.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment