Ok, so the animal drama continues.
Not a week had passed from the Fifi disaster when I found myself in the garage staring at one of our many cats. She's not a friendly cat, not a mean cat - just a "leave me alone" kinda cat. So when I found her in the garage, and she didn't run from me trying to pet her, I leaned close to make sure she wasn't dead. She was alive, one big yellow eye looking at me, the other eye looked like a peeled purple grape that was trying to blow up. I blinked, and looked again. I was having a hard time believing what I was seeing. But, sure enough - the eye ball was not an eye ball.
Ok - so an exploded eye ball isn't so unusual. The kicker is, the cat's name is Beenette, the feminine of Beenie, the nickname of our black and white cat Sabastian, who is blind. He lost one eye when he was a kitten, and the other exploded from herpes while he was trapped in a recliner (his collar got caught on the internal workings of the recliner and there he sat, silently for almost a week). The reason Beenette is named Beenette is that when she was born, we noted that she looked and acted just like Beenie, hence the naming. SO why of all the cats we have, does Beenette loose an eye, so very similar to the way Beenie lost his? Is it because we named her that and therefore jinxed her?
Well, the cat survived the night in a crate, and I hauled her off to the vet in the morning, with fingers crossed that they would see her, considering we still have money owed on Fifi. Again, kudos to Kings Mountain Animal Clinic! They took her with no problem, squeezed her into an already full schedule and removed the eye and fixed her up - all in one day, and under $200!
When I went to pick her up, the vet's office looked like a zoo - yet they accomodated me, sticking me in the employee lounge to wait for the vet to come and talk with me. She explained that Beenette probably got hit by a car and the trama blew out the eye. Her jaw and mouth were bruised. The cat is lucky to be alive really. So the vet encouraged me to keep the cat inside. There is only one problem:
She's a house pisser - BIG TIME.
We had made a habit of chasing her away from all door entries to prevent her from coming in the house. Now we are trying to keep her in. The poor cat is really confused.
Poor us, we are just really poor right now.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment